Wednesday 12 August 2009

Experience Of A Lifetime - I Shit You Not! Haha!!

OMG!!! I cant believe it's been nearly a week already in Nepal!!!!!!

So much to say in so little time (we've only got like an hour at the internet cafe..:() so I will try and "recall" everything from the beginning!!!

At Heathrow, it was so funny, my sis and bro dropped me off and eveyone started crying, even my brother - I was half crying and half hysterical laughing!! It was an all right flight to India, but our flight was delayed from India to Nepal, so we were waiting around (more like sleeping) for an extra three hours, on top of the two we had to already wait!!
The flight to Kathmandu was a bit rough, but still, we came out all right!!

As soon as we got off the plane, all I had was one word to say - BEAUTIFUL.
We even saw little houses on the sides of the green foresty hills, sick views!!!

We met representatives from Ideal-Friendship Nepal at the airport (Platform 2 's sister partner in Nepal), where they gave us each these nice little scarves - as a welcome present!

Once we got to the hotel, we had a litlle meeting on the roof, and I just kept falling asleep, I dont think anyone really had any sleep on the whole journey! We got given our Nepali sim cards and our first allowance!!!! HAha!! We got 700 Rupees each, which should practically last us the whole week....HAH!...believe when I say most people finished it within one day!! Obviously it could last us the whole week, but I think most of us just went crazy when we got to the supermarket - LOL!

We had orientation sessions for two days and although they were really interesting and informative, it did get tiresome, because it felt like a lecture or class, we just wanted to get started on our work already!!

We also got to vist the "Monkey Temple" and Patan Durbar squre, the first literally had monkeys running about everywhere and the second had the most beautiful temples!!!!

Fast-forwarding to yesterday, we separated from the Lamatar froup and the rest of us set oiff to Sirutar!!! Was really apprehensive about meeting my host family!! I have a mum, dad, two brothers and a sister!! The siblings all speak english, so I guess I'm all right communication-wise, alsoooo they gave me a Nepali name!!! Upsarra!!! which means "Fairy of the Heaven".... aawww!!!

We started working on the project site today!!! Basically starting with the levelling process - I tell you - HARDDD WORKKKK!!!! - my body is literally killing right now!!! I'm dreading tomorrow when it's gonna be huurrttinn!!!! Anyways, my time is nearly up at the internet shop, and I'll try to post something on Saturday when we have a day off and we get to go back to the city!!!!! ekkkkkk!!!

Until next time xxx

P.S. to all my friends and family - FACEBOOK WILL NOT LOAD UP ONTO MY COMP - therefore I am not able to update anything!! i know, im gutted too!!! I'm gona send my sis some picsa, so i'll tell her to try and send to you's lot as well!!!

Love u and leave you!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. UPSARRRRAAAA :-DDDD!!!!!!!! i didnt even clock you updated this blog! so gald you having such an ace time...why did i not think to do this with you. miss you b!!!! pissed you missed out on my bday shin digs :-( be safeee xxxx omg i wna see how beatiful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds so amazing Ja! You better make sure you keep posting, I want to hear about it! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete