Monday 7 September 2009

Part 2 - HOTEL IN THE CLOUDS!!

OKAY!! So I haven't even mentioned my trekking experience from like two weeks ago!!! We started our journey at like 7am cos if we'd started it later it would've been DAMNNN hot going up the mountain!! Boyyyy, do I wish we'd had some warning as to what was coming, actually, maybe not cos then we would've chickened out!! Anywayzzzz, we were basically going uphill, like throughout!! I tell you, my thighs were burning - I best have got some toning done!! So, it was kind of ok going up, apparently due to the friction of our footwear paired with going uphill. The guy leading us kept on telling us "15 minutes, 15 minutes!" Believeeeeee he was saying that every half hour - kmttt!!!! Finallyyy, we get near the top about 2 n half hours later!!!! and the guy was like "There's a hotel on top where you can get french fries" - we were like "yea, yea, WHATever!!!" and what's on top??? A DAMN HOTEL!!!!??!?!!!! It was absolutely gobsmacking, We got onto the balcony of the hotel and I was literally speechless! The views were amazing, you could see the whole of Kathmandu Valley, and all the houses looked so miniature!!! The clouds were actually eye level with us, like something out of a film - you felt like you were in the clouds!! We stayed there for abit and yes - we got our french fries, hahaha!!!!
Coming down was TOTALLY different story, the friction with our footwear was no. longer.there. People were slipping left, right and centre!! And who got the brunt of it- yes - me. Cos of my crappy trainers I was landing on my arse a good 7 or 8 times, now, the first few times were hilarious, but after a while, nope, nope, nope, my arse (and my spine) weren't feeling it anymore. I was sooooo pissed off, one of the helpers had to actually help me down, step by step, like I was an Old Age Pensioner- kmtttt!! What made it worst was that we were going down little pathways and literally on the edge, so it was easy to lose your footing, had you not been looking where you were going!! All in all it was a wicked experience and I'm really happy I did it (and that we weren't prepared beforehand!) - but would I do it again - no way in Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment