Monday 10 February 2014

What am I doing?!


Leaving my family at departures yesterday, with tears in my eyes, I kept saying to myself to walk back, stepping onto the plane I thought I can still go back.. but I sat my arse down and just looked depressingly out the window LOL.

I'm now in Mexico!!

I don't think everything registered until I had got off the bus in downtown Cancun spending agesss to find my hostel in this heat with my bloody backpack - Did it gain a few kg while in transit or something?!?!

Finally got here and what comes to my attention... I had booked my bed for the following night as I automatically assumed I would be landing the next day and not the same damn day - oh how I hate time difference! After messaging my friend of this mistake she then kindly reminded me that my flight to Cuba was now not the next day... argghhh!! Can I call this a rookie mistake or just pure stupidness?? CHECK, CHECK, and CHECK AGAIN. But to be fair my initial flight was booked a while ago...

Me on the bus.

So, since I arrived the wrong day, only the 16 bed mixed dorm was available... it was fun getting woken up by the guy behind me being sick..!

The hostel had dinner and breakfast included, went to wait for dinner and they decided to give everyone tequila shots... wahhh! Empty. stomach. needs. filling. Took that and probably wasn't a good idea that I had a margarita as well. Dinner was appalling and so I headed out to the Mercado right outside.... the same one my friends and I visited on our last night on holiday last year!! Jealous much guys?? Haha.

I could live off these!
After talking to a few other travellers and walking about I felt better about being here. The amount of kind words and advice I've received from people back home have helped so much in taking this step.

My last week was kind of a blur, obviously I had to be rushing about all the way up until a few hours before my 5am departure from home, typical me! Let's hope my travels will teach me something about time management!

Wednesday night I helped out at my friends' 1st year anniversary of Food and Lycra and they secretly planned a section for me!! My amazing friends got me a GoPro and a scrapbook of photos and messages - I haven't ever been made to feel as special as I have felt these past couple of weeks. I should leave more often!




I should also have a special shout-out to one of my best friends Sammy... you made me cry (again)! :))) Your letter was so sweet and brought back so many memories. xxx



Right! Time for me to go get lost!




1 comment:

  1. Oh Deera, lol at check, check and check again!! Miss youu xx

    ReplyDelete