Sunday 2 February 2014

End of an Era... I can call it that right?


One week left until I’m out of here!! I can't believe it’s nearly here, I remember booking my one way ticket to Cancun 6 months ago thinking I’ve got all this time to a) learn Spanish, b) become a confident swimmer and c) be done with my research…. I can say I’ve done abooutt half of c).... hmm tell a lie, make that a quarter!

Ah well, it’s all part of the adventure I guess!


I’ve finished at work now and I’ll admit it, I’m kinda scared. I’ve quit my job to go travelling, I’ve left the security of a steady income and the comfortable office life I’ve relied on for the past four years to do something I’ve wanted to do for the longest time. Funny, telling people you’re going travelling by yourself, as a solo female, I’ve not had the best of reactions…


Everytime I think that I’m making the wrong decision, I just think back to how I’ve felt this past year, feeling like I was stuck in a rut, doing the same thing and seeing the same people over and over again, telling myself that 2014 was the year I was going to change my life and do something that I was going to regret not doing come ten years time. I feel like I’m forcing myself to do this and honestly…. I don’t even know if I’m going to enjoy it. But I won’t know until I do it.

I'd like to say a big thank you to the people who made my last day/week at work so special, I can't believe how enormously spoilt I was. Gorgeous and thoughtful presents as well as some 'special' memories made...! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment